Using digital screens for advertising is fast becoming a highly effective and impactful method for advertising. This is because digital billboards today use LED technology which is more cost effective, low electricity consumption and are more durable than any other types of display screens. Furthermore, LED screens can attract more audiences as they can play videos, audio and animation which are clear benefits as compared to conventional, static billboards.
LED Display TV screens on Major Roads in Malaysia
LED display screens are by far the most effective media spaces that can be used for advertising. LED screens are usually placed on major roads which have high traffic flow. Besides that, they are now being used in high traffic locations like buildings and commercial areas.
Brightly-lit and illuminated screens
This makes the media highly visible and when they are played, they can capture a large group of target audience. In most cases, these digital screens are elevated high above the ground level to cover a larger viewing radius which can then reach audiences in vehicles and on foot. Most of these screens are used in urban cities and towns where they are installed at commercial regions and places with lots of office buildings.
Rate: Usually calculated based on spots of 15, 20 to 30 seconds. Ranges between RM10,000 and RM35,000 per spot per month. The rate for advertising in this media is usually costlier when you choose screens that are enacted at popular roads like Jalan Bukit Bintang, Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Tun Razak.
LED Screens on Trucks
Using LED screens for advertising will be extremely effective if your ads are seen by your specific target audience. Like any other out-of-home media, there are risks involved as to whether your ads are reaching the correct market segment. As such, you can use LED screens that are installed on the back of trucks to ‘travel’ into areas where your target market is.
LED trucks are one of the most popular types of digital advertising today because you can now control where your ads go and apply the push instead of pull strategy. LED trucks will travel specifically into locations of the highest traffic and audience and then be stationery at one location for a certain duration. What makes LED trucks so attractive as an OOH media is that unlike public transportation, you can control and decide where your ads will go. In most cases, you will want to direct the trucks to high traffic location with very good visibility during peak hours.
Rate: For a 20 second slot, your ad will be played from 6 am to 9 pm throughout the operational hours, sharing with about 10 other clients. This will range about RM28,000 per month for every truck.
LED Screens for Events
If you are planning a marketing campaign and require digital screens to be installed at the roadshow for a certain duration, you can use this media which will raise the profile of your campaign by integrating the screens as part of the backdrop and for other advertising purposes. Basically, you rent the truck for a certain period of time that can be customized to play information of your event. Similarly to using LED-installed trucks, as the advertiser, you can control and decide where the trucks could go.
Rate: Starts from RM8,000 per day, around RM35,000 to RM55,000 for a week and about RM90,000 for a month.
LED Screens at Airports
Airports are highly prominent places for advertising if you are planning to reach the mobile and travelling market segment. For instance, there are more than 100 screens located and available for advertising at the KLIA Departure Hall while about 25 screens at the Arrival premises. You can place your ads there which will captivate a large group of audience who are made up of travellers and their respective company which can be friends, families and colleagues.
Rate: Calculated based on network, media spaces here start from RM28,000 and can be as high as RM50,000 for a 30-second spot each month.
LED Screens at Transport Terminals
The Klang Valley has one of the most technologically advanced and state-of-the-art transport terminals like the Terminal Bas Bersepadu in Bandar Tasik Selatan and KL Sentral located in the heart of the city. It is calculated that people who are at the terminals usually spend an average of 20 to 25 minutes per trip depending on which transport mode they use. KL Sentral has one of the highest traffic of people who use the facilities there. As such, advertising in such locations will give your ad extremely high impressions on a daily basis.
Rate: Starts from RM25,000 per screen calculated monthly.
Customized LED Screens
If required, customized LED screens can be specifically installed in the building structure of your premises. This type of screens can be used to reflect your brand or product through a specially designed structure and then used to play your ads and messages throughout the day.
Rate: Depends on the size and location where the screen will be installed. Usually starts from RM80,000 for a small screen outside of a building without requiring experts for installation. Other costs include structure, architect drawing and permit from local council.
Indoor or outdoor Digital LED screens in prominent buildings
There are endless possibilities when it comes to putting up your ads on LED screens on buildings. Generally, you can have your ads seen on locations like:
- Lobby of the building – where visitors will see your ad the moment they enter or leave the building
Walls – this can be inside or outside the building. Generally, LED screens that are used on walls are large and bright so that they captivate the attention of the people around the vicinity.
- Prime locations – One of the most popular spots you will notice is on the wall between two lifts directly above the buttons. Besides that, it depends largely on the structure of the building.
- High visibility locations – This is where you will find LED screens mounted on the outside of the building which faces a certain highway or crossroad. These screens are specifically mounted there because there are many vehicles and pedestrians
Among the locations where you can find LED screens include:
- Damansara Intan
- Plaza Mont Kiara
- Jaya One – inside the building as well as facing the outside main road
- Wisma MCA – inside the building and one facing Jalan Ampang
- Menara Trend in Klang
- Menara ING in Klang
- Menara KH JMB formerly known as Menara Promet at the lifts and around the building
- Wisma Hamzah Kwong Hing in Leboh Ampang
- Kelana Center Point
- Kelana Business Centre
- Glomac 3
- Plaza Ampang City
- Menara PGRM
- Sri Cempaka Service Suites
- Mutiara Bangsar within the building
- Menara Mutiara Majestic along Jalan Othman, Section 3 PJ
- Kompleks Mutiara Office in Jalan Ipoh
- Kompleks Mutiara Service Apartments
- Menara IGB
- IGB Annexe
- Centrepoint North and South
- The Bouleverd Hotel – along the lifts and lobby
- Gardens South and North Towers
- Leisure Commerce Square along the walls of the lifts
- Wisma Bumi Raya in Jalan Raja Laut
- AmAssurance Headquarters in Jalan Lumut
- Plaza Sungai Mas in Jalan Ipoh
- The Weld in Jalan Raja Chulan
- Taylor’s College Campus in Subang Jaya
- Taylor’s College Business Suite
- Wisma OSK Headquarters in Jalan Ampang
- Wisma OSK Sri Petaling
- Wisma OSK Kepong
- Wisma OSK Ipoh in Greentown, Ipoh
- Wisma OSK Melaka in Taman Melaka Raya, Melaka
- Wisma OSK Johor in Taman Molek, Johor Bahru
- Wisma OSK Kuantan in Pahang
- Wisma OSK Penang
- OSK – USJ Taipan in Subang Jaya
- OSK – Kota Damansara
- OSK – Farlim Penang
- USJ One Avenue Condominium
- Wisma Denmark along Jalan Ampang
- New York Hotel, Johor Bahru around the building and lobby
- Menara Genesis along Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Menara MPL in Jalan Raja Chulan
- Amcorp Business Suites
- Amcorp Tower
- PJ Tower around the lobby and lift areas
- Kompleks Antarabangsa along Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Menara Axis in Petaling Jaya
- Crystal Plaza in Petaling Jaya
- Axis Plaza
- Axis Business Park
- Axis Kemajuan
- Wisma Academy
- Bangunan Takaful Malaysia along Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
- Bangunan Takaful Treasury Centre in Putrajaya
- Bangunan Takaful Putrajaya
- Bangunan Takaful Petaling Jaya
- Takaful Shah Alam along Jalan Rugbi
- Menara Standard Chartered in Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Prima 16 Condominium
- CP Tower along the Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong
- Wisma Cosplant in Subang Jaya
- Menara PJD in Jalan Tun Razak
- Impian Meridian
- Maju Tower in Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Wisma Lim Foo Yong, around the walls and lift areas
- Wisma Zelan in Bandar Tun Razak
- Abadi Indah Apartments
- University Tower along Jalan University
- Wisma Good Year in Kelang Jaya
- Prescott Hotel Kajang
- Prescott Hotel in Klang
- Prescott Inn in Medan Tuanku along the lobby and the lifts.