There are many magazine titles across Malaysia for parents both experienced and newly-weds. Such magazines are usually very good reference guides as they offer very good advice and other related information for parents.
All-rounded resources in parenting
Parenting is no easy feat. There is no short-cut to proper parenting because every family is unique and every child growing up will have its own progression. There is never the ‘best way’ to parenting and there is no textbook for this. Hence, to know what is really going on and how to best teach your child, reading magazines would give you the latest insights and new developments in childcare.
Local content combined with international titles
Like many other categories of magazines, parenting and childcare titles in Malaysia come from both the local and international fronts. There are some titles that originated and produced locally while there are some which are integrated with more established names internationally. Among them include:
- BabyTalk – This is an English language magazine which is produced monthly. It is a great resource for expecting moms and those who recently gave birth as it offers advice and a lot of case studies
- MAMAPAPA – This monthly edition magazine is published in Bahasa Malaysia. Basically, it is the BM edition of BabyTalk catered for new and expecting mothers
- Mami & Baby – Available Bahasa Malaysia, English Language and Chinese, these titles are published by Today Publishing, known for being the organizer of one of the most popular parenting exhibitions in Malaysia. in fact, it is among the only magazine in Malaysia that comes in 3 major languages
- Mommy Baby – This magazine is offered in Chinese. It has a lot of good resources particularly for new parents and for those with toddlers below 3 years of age.
- Pa & Ma – This title is quite well established having been around for quite some time now. With a circulation of about 50,000, it is published in Bahasa Malaysia and provides an all-rounded source of information for parents and children. Those in the pregnancy stages and what to expect after childbirth will find this magazine extremely useful
- Parenthood – This English Language magazine is one of the most popular titles in the parenting and childcare magazine segment. The magazine is another title owned by Today Publishing which together with its other titles have a strong following in its exhibitions.
Expecting the most suitable resources
In parenting and childcare magazines, visuals might have its appeal but it is in the content that will draw the readers. Topics such as:
- What to expect when you are expecting?
- The first 3 months – What you should and should not do?
- Are you ready to become parents?
- Child education – Private or public?
- Modern or traditional parenting – Which one is the best for your child?
- Spare the cane, spoil the child – Truth or Myth?